For a while friends have been asking me for a good and easy (no bake) cheesecake recipe so here we go! It's based on a recipe my mum used to make (on the very rare occasions she ever made a cake) and I tweaked it a little bit over the years.
I usually make this cheesecake with lemons (I'm going to post that recipe sometime soon ;)) but now that summer is here why not go with cherry and blueberry? It's 'no bake' and easy to make, it just needs enough time to refrigerate, so if you think about making this cake, it's best to make it the night before.
INGREDIENTS:
(for a 6 inch or 8 inch cake)
2 cups / 150 g vanilla wafers (or digestive cookies)
1/2 stick of butter
16oz / 500g (2 packs) cream cheese
1 cup drained greek yogurt
1 cup powdered sugar
0.5 cups pureed blueberries
0.5 cups pureed cherries
For the meringue:
1 egg white
30g sugar
I used a 6 inch x 3 inch cheesecake pan because I like tall cakes, I just think it looks prettier. But you can use an 8 inch pan or an even bigger one and just make a flatter cake. I suggest lining the pan with parchment paper on the sides so the cake is easier to remove from the pan once its ready.
I like to top the cake with meringue and some fresh berries: Beat the egg white to soft peaks. Then add the sugar teaspoon by teaspoon every 30 seconds while beating. Once all your sugar is incorporated, keep beating on medium high speed for 5 minutes.
Spread the meringue on your cake, top with berries and serve!
Print this recipe here.
Spread the meringue on your cake, top with berries and serve!
Print this recipe here.










0 comments:
Post a Comment